Ten interns joined the Kloudless team this summer! All are either current students or recent grads from UC Berkeley (Go Bears!). Our interns are an integral part of the team, so all their projects are critical to our core products. Here is a glimpse into their life as Kloudless interns and what they’ve been working on.
From left to right: Aaron Lopez, Alice Cai, and Nathan Ouyang.
Software Development Team
Working alongside our VP of Engineering Vinod Chandru, the Dev Interns have tackled multiple projects – everything from debugging to building new infrastructure.
- Aaron Lopez (’17) brought the Python and Java SDKs up to date with all of our latest features, including the Team and Permissions endpoints and the Management API. He also implemented multipart uploads for Google Drive, and is now working on the pricing page for the Kloudless website.
- Alice Cai (’16) implemented the Custom Metadata endpoint for Google Drive, as well as the WebHooks endpoint in the Management API. She also resolved issues with the File Explorer in IE 9-11 and contributed to the Python SDK.
- Edward Look (’17) improved URL uploads to support files larger than 100 MB and implemented multipart uploads for Egnyte, ShareFile and OneDrive. He also designed and implemented the Custom Metadata API and contributed it to the Python SDK. Additionally, he implemented the File Explorer’s new drag-and-drop interface. Presently, he is implementing event notifications for SMB.
- George Pearman (’15) developed the Kloudless Connect proxy tool that enables Kloudless Enterprise to connect to on-premises storage repositories. He also upgraded Kloudless’ internal version control and code review infrastructure.
- Joeson Chiang (’17) implemented multipart uploads for SharePoint and OneDrive for Business, as well as updated the API to indicate support for parallel multipart uploads. He also contributed styling modifications to the File Explorer.
- Nathan Ouyang (’18) improved file deletion capabilities in ShareFile, implemented rate-limiting for the API server, and developed API key rotation for the Developer Portal. He also contributed to the Python SDK and is presently bringing API request analytics to the developer portal.
- Steven Cheng (’17) wrote the integration test framework for the Python SDK and contributed to its development. He previously added file search and sort capabilities to the File Explorer and is presently bringing API bandwidth analytics to the developer portal.
Business Development and Marketing Team
Collaborating with CEO Eliot Sun, the Biz Dev and Marketing Interns did some developing of their own –growth strategies that is.
- Ivan Hu (’18) researched potential leads and sales opportunities.
- Marcus Missirlian (’18) assisted in sales outreach by researching deal opportunities and maintaining our sales database.
- Rochelle Lai (’17) has been authoring the Kloudless Developer Blog (what you’re reading right now), managing the Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts, and handling office management.
However, being a Kloudless intern isn’t just all work and no play.
Brains and Brawn
Here are some of the interns (Steven Cheng, Rochelle Lai, and Joeson Chiang) showing off their muscles at our intern social at the Bridges Rock Gym in El Cerrito, CA.
The interns joined the full-time staff for Kloudless’ annual company retreat in Tahoe, CA. Pictured below is beautiful Lake Donner and Vinod Chandru training the Dev Intern team.
Thank you to all of our interns for all your hard work this summer! Want to join the Kloudless team? Apply to be an intern here.